Mull Eagle Watch is currently rated Gold by the Green Tourism Business Scheme, “Green Tourism is Sustainable Tourism” – which is defined as tourism that takes into account the needs of the environment, local residents, businesses, and visitors.
Green tourism is sustainable tourism…
Here at Mull Eagle Watch we are committed to providing a sustainable attraction, and we’re constantly trying to improve our credentials. We obviously care about our wildlife on Mull and that of course means looking after the environment too. If you’ve been to visit us this season we’d love some feedback, are we doing well? If you could think of something we can improve or add to our green ideas let us know. We’re due a visit from a green tourism inspector this year and we’re confident we’ll meet our previous standards.
Mull Eagle Watch Charter
- We support local and organic
- We encourage car sharing, cycling and walking
- We support the Mull Eco Charter
- We recycle all glass, cans, paper, printer cartridges and batteries
- We collect rainwater for the birdbath and dog bowl
- We use sustainable RSPB bird food
- We support local events to educate and encourage green ideas
A responsible charter for our visitors
- Make sure you switch off your car engine when stopping around the island or in our car park.
- Car share, walk or cycle when you can. Look out for public transport options, we have bus and ferry timetables on site.
- Choose to buy local and organic produce when you can, lots of stores stock local grown veg and things like wool here on Mull.
- Don’t leave any litter behind, respect your natural environment. We can recycle your litter for you.
- Use the countryside code and respect paths, cycle ways and bridleways.
- Help us to improve on our green tourism, share your ideas with us.
- Report any of your wildlife sightings to us or the tourist information centre in Craignure.